Days & Times: 9:00-1:00 pm Monday through Friday (you can choose two, three, four & five day options)
The Zoar Preschool school year will begin on August 15, 2016 and will end on May 19, 2017.
Location: Education Building
Director: Jennifer Mullen
Zoar Preschool provides an outstanding Christian based program for young children ages 2 years to 4 years old. We offer 2, 3 and 5 day opportunities for all age groups in a loving, nurturing and safe environment that allows children to develop a strong sense of self and to grow creatively and cognitively.
We offer a diverse whole language, thematic based curriculum that includes:
- Weekly Chapel
- Literature/Science and Discovery unit
- Physical Education
All of which are taught by a trained professional. We have consistently earned the North Georgia Preschool of Excellence Award, and we continually strive to meet the needs of our families.
Zoar Preschool Mission Statement
Zoar Preschool is a non-profit self-supporting school, and we are one of many programs offered by Zoar United Methodist Church. Denominational doctrine is not taught; however we do teach our children basic Christian principles, scripture and stories that can be found in the Old and New Testaments of the Holy Bible. We strive to teach these basic principles through our daily interactions with the children as well as through our curriculum.
We believe that each child:
- is a child of God
- has the right to develop to his/her full potential
- is loved unconditionally by God and by us
- is unique
We believe that weekday programs:
- should provide examples of the highest qualities of Christian faith
- assist parents in these crucial years of child rearing
- provide children the best of early childhood education so that they may develop to their fullest potential, physically, mentally, emotionally, socially and spiritually.
We commit ourselves to providing weekday programs that bring together the best we know about the education of young children and our highest understanding of the Christian faith.