ZOAR UNITED METHODIST WOMEN
“A FRESH WIND BLOWING"
United Methodist Women is the largest denominational faith organization for women with approximately 800,000 members whose mission is fostering spiritual growth, developing leaders and advocating for justice.
The organized unit of United Methodist Women shall be a community of women
whose purpose is:
- To know God and to experience freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ.
- To develop a creative supportive fellowship.
- To expand concepts of mission through participation in the global ministries of the church.
Zoar UMW Circles
The Dorcas Circle meets the last Monday of each month at 9:30am in the Living Word Sunday School classroom at Zoar. Their Bible Study is lead by Lathel Thomason. This group was formed to help people in the church in whatever way they can.
Leader - Molly Freeman
The Mary and Martha Circle meets at 9:30 am in the Good News Classroom at Zoar on the 3rd Thursday of each month,. They select their Bible studies from the UMW Mission Study Guide. They take a hot meal to the Women’s Kitchen in Atlanta on the 1st Thursday of Sept, Dec, March and June serving 50-60 women and children.
Leader - Shirley Flahive
The Night Mission Circle meets at 7pm on the 1st Monday of each month in the Seeker’s Sunday School classroom at Zoar. They are mission oriented and assemble kits to be sent to UMCOR or discuss a book related to mission work. .
Leader - Vycky Anderson
Collectively, our Circles pledge to...
- Support 7 ministries thru fundraisers.
- Support Zoar UMC with special projects throughout the year.
- We are committed to support our UMW district, Atlanta Decatur Oxford and the N GA Conference UMW, www.ngumw.org. We attend district workshops, mission studies and in the process of completing the Mission Today Requirements.
- We promote the UMW Reading Program including the UMW Response magazine.
Zoar UMW Officers
- President: Kathy Griffin
- Secretary: Vycky Anderson
- Treasurer: Sandy Moore
- Communications: Rhonda Jameson
- Programs: Ashley Jameson